Hey, Ken here.
I want to introduce you to Registry Easy and give you what I believe is the most honest review on the Web.
No fluff or hype here, just what you need to know before purchasing.
Note: This is a review, Click here to visit the official Registry Easy site.
First of all, why talk about Registry Easy?
Registry Easy is a registry cleaner and optimizer (though it does much more than that). Often, problems shutting down Windows XP are caused by errors in the Windows registry.
The registry is a huge database that contains information about the location and state of everything running on your computer, including what should happen when those running programs shut down. If anything is amiss, Windows XP can hang up because it doesn’t know what it’s supposed to do. I mentioned this in my last post, “What Causes Windows Shutdown Problems?.”
One of Microsoft’s recommendations is to do a repair install of Windows XP, but that’s a complicated thing for most people to do and it costs a pretty penny for expert service. The good news is this: You don’t have to re-install Windows; you don’t have to pay hundreds of dollars to fix your computer; and, you can scan your computer for free before committing to a purchase.
With Registry Easy you can safely clean and repair the Windows registry with a few simple clicks and more than likely get right to the source of your shutdown problems. Registry Easy also provides a backup mechanism for any repaired files so that you can easily recover any changes if required.
The Bad Points
- No software is perfect and Registry Easy is no exception. The first time I used it to scan my system, I spent about 15 minutes navigating through the errors it found.
- Even with the full 30-day trial version, you can only use the program once per day to repair errors.
The Good Points
- Registry Easy reported errors that another registry cleaner ignored. Looking them over, they were mostly clutter, but this could contribute to XP shutdown problems.
- A backup of your registry is automatically created when you use the repair function. This is very good if anything goes wrong.
- The program can clean up junk files of many types on your computer to give you back wasted drive space.
- You can optimize your system settings for better performance and tweak your network and memory settings for better Internet performance.
- In addition to registry problems, you can discover and fix other system problems not related to the registry.
- There is a full set of tools to tweak and optimize Internet Explorer.
- They offer a free trial, so if the program doesn’t work for you, you don’t have to pay for it.
- It works on all versions of Windows from Windows 98 to Windows 7.
- They offer comprehensive technical support should you need it.
Registry Easy is an effective set of system utilities that will safely scan your system for errors, invalid and empty registry keys, and useless and duplicate files that can lead to problems shutting down windows. It improves PC performance and fixes those annoying system crashes and freezes. Definitely recommend you get a copy.